Thank you for using Z.com services. This policy helps you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. We welcome your questions and comments on this policy at email@example.com
Links to non-Z.com websites
2. Collection of personal information
Z.com may collect your personal information through your access and use of website, web-based applications, or mobile applications, during conversations or correspondence with Z.com representatives, or when you purchase services or complete an online application form.
- service orders, activations, and registrations
- profile creation and user verification for online services
- information requests or complaints
- marketing, newsletter or support subscriptions
- contest entries or survey participation
- payment method applications
- event registration
- visits or browsing on Z.com websites
- personal and business contact information, such as name, address, telephone number, and email address
- in some cases, your business contact data may be provided to Z.com by a designated entity within your business or enterprise (such as a member of your IT department)
- financial information, such as your credit/debit card number or other billing information
- other unique information such as user IDs and passwords, service preferences, contact preferences
- geo-location data such as your IP address or physical location when you request location based services
- details of the services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those services and to respond to your enquiries
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise
- information you provide to us through our service center and customer surveys
If you post, comment, indicate interest or complaint, or share personal information, including photographs, to any public forum on an Z.com site, social network, blog, or other such forum, please be aware that any information you submit can be read, viewed, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes that neither you nor Z.com have control over. Z.com is not responsible for the personal information you choose to provide in these forums.
In addition to the information you provide, Z.com may also collect information during your visit to Z.com website, web-based application, or a website “powered by” another company on behalf of Z.com, through our Automatic Data Collection Tools, which include Web beacons, cookies, and embedded Web links. These tools collect certain traffic information that your browser sends to a website, such as your browser type and language, access times, and the address of the website from which you arrived. They may also collect information about your Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier, clickstream behavior (i.e., the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with Z.com websites or “powered by” websites) and service information. Z.com may also use some of these Automatic Data Collection Tools in connection with certain emails and communications sent from Z.com and therefore may collect open the email or click on a link contained in the email.
Z.com also collects information from publicly or commercially available sources that it deems credible. Such information may include your name, address, email address, preferences, and demographic/profile data. The information Z.com collects from its public or commercial sources may be used along with the information Z.com collects when you visit Z.com sites. For example, Z.com may compare the geographic information acquired from commercial sources information using these tools when you with the IP address collected by Automatic Data Collection Tools to derive your general geographic area.
3. How we use your information
- manage our relationship with you
- assist you in completing a transaction or order
- prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity
- communicate with you about Z.com services or support and send marketing communications
- provide services and support to you
- improve and develop services and support including through quality control, research and data analysis activities
- update you on new services and benefits
- measure performance of marketing initiatives, ads, and websites “powered by” another company on Z.com’s behalf
- allow you to participate in surveys
- answer enquiries, provide information, support or advice about existing and new services
- assess and improve the performance and operation of Z.com websites
- to keep your contact details up to date and provide updated details to Z.com service providers where necessary
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you
Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Government issued identification number and other sensitive personal information is not used for any other purpose by our financial services providers or Z.com and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services, unless you ask us to retain your credit card information for future purchases.
4. How we share your information
Z.com will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others except as described in this Policy. Z.com shares personal information in the following ways:
Z.com retains service providers to manage or support its business operations, provide professional services, deliver complete services and customer solutions and to assist Z.com with marketing and communication initiatives. These providers may be located in the overseas locations and include, for example, credit card processors, debt collectors, providers of customer support and live-help, marketing and communications, hosting and IT service providers, email service providers, automated data processors, management and support of Z.com websites, order fulfillment and delivery. Service providers are required by contract to keep confidential and secure the information received on behalf of Z.com and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Z.com.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, Z.com decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is Z.com’sCOM’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
5. Children's privacy
Z.com does not knowingly collect information from children as defined by local law, and does not target its websites or mobile applications to children under these ages. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online and mobile activities and interests.
6. Your choices and selecting your privacy preferences
Z.com gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our services. You can subscribe to receive service-specific information and also choose to receive Z.com general communications. We give you a choice regarding delivery of Z.com general communications by postal mail, email, telephone, or mobile device.
Z.com general communications provide information about services and/or support. This may include new services information, special offers, or invitations to participate in market research or compliance reviews.
Z.com may also transfer your personal information to other Z.com-owned business entities in the Worldwide. By accessing Z.com websites, registering for an account or service, or otherwise providing Z.com with your personal information, you consent to this transfer of your personal information throughout the global Z.com network of entities.
Except as described in this Policy, Z.com will not share the personal information you provide to Z.com with non-Z.com third parties without your permission, unless to: (i) respond to duly authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order; (iii) investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; (iv) enforce/protect the rights and properties of Z.com or its subsidiaries; or (v) protect the rights or personal safety of Z.com, our employees, and third parties on or using Z.com property when allowed and in line with the requirements of applicable law.
7. Access to and accuracy of your information
Z.com strives to keep your personal information accurately recorded. We have implemented technology, management processes and policies to help maintain data accuracy. Z.com provides individuals with reasonable access to personal information that they provided to Z.com and the reasonable ability to review and correct it or ask for anonymization, blockage, or deletion, as applicable. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, before granting access to your data. To view and change the personal information that you directly provided to Z.com you can return to the web page where you originally submitted your data and follow the instructions on that web page.
8. Keeping your information secure
Z.com takes seriously the trust you place in us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, Z.com utilizes reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect and process. Z.com retains data only as required or permitted by local law and while it has a legitimate business purpose.
When collecting or transferring sensitive information such as credit card information we use a variety of additional security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The personal information you provide us is stored on computer systems located in controlled facilities which have limited access. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as credit card number or password) over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Credit card numbers are used only for processing payments and are not used for other purposes. As part of real-time payment processing, Z.com subscribes to fraud management services. This service provides Z.com with an extra level of security to guard against credit card fraud and to protect your financial data.
9. Changes to this Policy
10. How Z.com uses automatic data collection tools
The following sections provide additional information about commonly-used web technology tools.
A “cookie” is a small data file transferred by a website to your computer’s hard drive. Z.com or its service providers send cookies when you surf our site or sites where our ads appear, make purchases, request or personalize information, or register yourself for certain services. Accepting the cookies used on our site, sites that are “powered by” another company on Z.com’s behalf, or sites where our ads appear may give us access to information about your browsing behavior, which we may use to personalize your experience. Cookies are typically classified as either “session” cookies or “persistent” cookies.
- Session cookies do not stay on your computer after you close your browser.
Some Z.com.com and third-party web pages, applications, and HTML-formatted email use Web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about your website usage and your interaction with email, as well as to measure performance on Z.com.com, applications, and websites “powered by” another company on Z.com’s behalf. A web beacon is an electronic image, called a single-pixel (1x1) or clear GIF. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies, the time and date of a page viewed, and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. Depending on the context, web beacons may also refer to content on a third-party server, and may be used by service providers to deliver relevant advertising to you.
You may be able to disable web beacons in email messages by not downloading images contained in the message you receive (this feature varies depending on the email software used on your personal computer). However, doing this may not always disable a web beacon or other automatic data collection tools in the email message due to specific email software capabilities. For more information about this, please refer to the information provided by your email software or service provider.